Have an account?

Sunday, July 18, 2010

First Full Week and Wow!

I am so excited.  I just returned from the G4G garden plot with cucumbers, squash, swiss chard, and lemon cucumbers!  I guess we did not have to wait long at all for the other vegetables to arrive.  It is amazing how quickly things are growing and maturing now.  I took a picture of the plot a couple weeks ago (below) and it is unrecognizable - some of our tomato plants are approaching five feet and the cucs, squash, and zucchini have taken over the whole front plot.  It is so fun to watch.

But that is not why I am writing.  I am writing to report on the success of our first full week of donations.  I have to admit I did not expect much until the end of the month or beginning of August so I am blown away.  On Wednesday I delivered about 10 pounds of zucchini and sqaush to Interfaith Community Services' food bank.  Today, I weighed all the vegetables we collected since then and the grand total is 45 lbs.  We will deliver these to Amity Plaza residents (Littleton Senior Housing community) tomorrow.  


That puts us at almost 60 lbs. for our first full week. Amazing.  And I cannot begin to describe the radioactive sized vegetables we have received.  


This just affirms what I already knew - 
Littleton gardeners do not just have green thumbs, they are also amazingly generous.  Thank you!  This project is nothing without your generosity and we cannot begin to convey how appreciative we are.  


Happy gardening and be well.

The G4G Garden the first week of July 2010

First Week's Bounty (7/18/2010)

0 comments: